SOF is a Registered Not-For-Profit Organization Popularizing Computer, Science, Mathematics, English, Sports Knowledge and Company Secretaries’ Education among school children.
A non-profit organization established by leading academicians, scientists and media personalities with the aim of promoting science, mathematics, computer education, English, sports and professional courses, the Science Olympiad Foundation has been striving for over two decades to promote scientific attitude and temperament through innovative activities and use of IT in learning process that involve school students across the country.
In the present times when the world is totally pivoted on science and IT, it is pertinent to think and plan about the future – a future in which the children of the present shall be the leaders of tomorrow. Regular qualitative and quantitative assessment needs to be done at the national level in order to build up the scientific and IT talent pool. It is in this sphere that the role of SOF has been much appreciated over these last few years, so much so that The Ministry of Corporate Affairs, through The Institute of Company Secretaries of India, and many highly reputed organizations like The British Council, Star Sports etc have volunteered to support SOF’s various programmes.
SOF’s integrity and commitment towards the fulfillment of its objectives have been lauded by thousands of schooling institutions and millions of students who have directly benefited from its educative, informative and evaluative programmes. For the future, SOF has several more innovative programmes lined up, which promise to bring about a sea change in the approach to education and preparation for competitive programs.
• The key to having a large, exclusive scientific and IT talent pool for the future is seeking out, identifying young geniuses and providing them with a unique competitive platform where they can prove themselves. To further this cause SOF endeavors to:
• Identify and nurture future scientists, technologists, IT and other professional talent at school level.
• Encourage students’ participation in national/international competitions/ programmes/events
• Instill a feeling of belonging to national and global students fraternity.
• Infuse a healthy competitive spirit through reward based Olympiads/competitive exams.
• Bring about a transformation in the classroom approach to science, IT and other subjects to make it more interactive, practical and innovative.
• Disseminate knowledge and information on the latest developments in science and technology.
• Project SOF as a Centre of Excellence that could cater to different schooling institutions in the areas of methodical research, new educational tools, special publications and expert advice.
All activities of the Foundation invariably aim at making learning an interesting and interactive process in which the learner is actually able to put his / her skills, memory, talent and knowledge to test.
For this the Foundation conducts workshops, seminars and science/IT competitions for students of different classes and age groups.
The foundation conducts the following Olympiads:
– National Cyber Olympiad
– National Science Olympiad
– International Mathematics Olympiad
– International English Olympiad
– International Company Secretaries Olympiad
– International Sports Knowledge Olympiad